IIT- Delhi develops coronavirus test kit, gets ICMR approval
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has developed a COVID-19 test kit, which has got the approval of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). “We started working on it by the end of January and got it ready in three months. We wanted to contribute to affordable low-cost diagnostics that could be used in large numbers,” V Perumal, a professor at IIT-Delhi told news agency ANI.
The testing kit developed by IIT-Delhi is a swab testing kit.
“Testing will be cheaper than all existing devices.
Out device is affordable for commercial production,” Perumal added.
ICMR, on Thursday, gave approval to the test kit that has been developed by IIT Delhi’s Kusuma School of Viological Sciences (KSBS).
IIT Delhi issued an official statement in the matter. The statement read, “The assay has been validated at the ICMR with a sensitivity and specificity of 100 per cent. This makes IIT Delhi the first academic institute to have obtained ICMR approval for a real time PCR based diagnostic assay.”
- Roche, Cipla Launch Antibody Cocktail Casirivimab and Imdevimab in India. Check Price, Details
- Woman ‘bought by husband’ for Rs 40,000 tries to sell 5-year-old daughter for Rs 500
- Delhi reported 25 dengue cases till May 22, highest in Jan-May period since 2013
- WILL INDIA BLOCK FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM IN 2 DAYS AS NEW IT RULES COME INTO EFFECT?
- DELHI POLICE VISITS TWITTER INDIA OFFICES IN DELHI, GURUGRAM AMID ‘CONGRESS TOOLKIT CONTROVERSY’
stay connected with us! For more updates
LIKE SHARE and SUBSCRIBE
if you like the article information then press the like button, Comments you’re opinions about this article and share it with family and friends on social media platforms
SUSCRIBE Quickclarity news to get latest news updates
Thank you for reading
Disclaimer : This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Quickclarity news.Publisher – IndiaTVNews