Unnao rape victim dies during treatment

Unnao rape victim dies during treatment

The victim of the Unnao rape case of Uttar Pradesh died late Friday while undergoing treatment at a hospital in Delhi.

Dr. Shalabh Kumar, head of the Burn and Plastics Department of Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi, has said that he died at 1140 AM.

Dr. Shalabh Kumar said, “He suffered a heart attack at 11.10 pm. We tried to save him but he could not be saved.”

The victim was brought from Lucknow to Delhi via air ambulance for treatment on Thursday. According to doctors, his body was scorched by more than 90 percent.

What did the police say?

According to the Uttar Pradesh Police, an attempt was made to burn the victim alive on Thursday.

According to the police, at the time when the victim was going to court to hear the rape case, the accused surrounded them and set them on fire.

Five people have been accused in this case. The police had informed about the arrest of four people on Thursday itself. The fifth accused was arrested on Friday.

Unnao Superintendent of Police Vikrant Veer told the media that the victim had registered a rape case against two people in March this year.

At the same time, Inspector General of Police SK Bhagat said that the accused has also been charged in the case of burning the victim, against whom a case of rape has been registered.

According to IG Bhagat, “This boy had also gone to jail and had just returned a few days ago on bail. The victim’s family had not reported any threat. The remaining things are being investigated.”

What did the victim’s family say?

On the other hand, the victim’s family claims that the accused were constantly threatening them after coming out of jail and had tried many times before. The girl’s father told the media that at least a dozen times they had threatened to withdraw the case and also tried to attack the house.

Local journalist Vishal Singh told the BBC that there was a gang rape incident with the victim girl in March and she was going to Rae Bareli in connection with the case in the same case. On his way to the station, five men caught him on the way and tried to burn him alive.

When the matter came up for discussion through the media, the Uttar Pradesh government was also active. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced that the government will bear all the expenses for the treatment of the victim.

The victim was first admitted to the Civil Hospital in Lucknow for treatment. But in view of the serious situation, he was brought to Delhi by air ambulance and admitted to Safdarjung Hospital.


if you like the article information then press the like button, Comments you’re opinions about this article and share it with family and friends on social media platforms

SUSCRIBE Quickclarity news to get latest news updates.

Thank you for reading.