Record 1,233 new COVID-19 cases take Maharashtra tally to 16,758; death toll jumps to 651
With a record 1,233 new COVID-19 cases, the highest single-day spike for any state in the country, the total number of coronavirus cases in Maharashtra reached 16,758.
The death toll in the state jumped to 651 with 34 deaths being recorded on Wednesday.
A state health department official said this was the first time that Maharashtra reported upward of 1,000 new COVID- 19 cases in a single day.
Out of 34, 25 deaths were recorded in Mumbai alone where the death toll has reached 412. The total number of cases in Mumbai is 10,714.
With 3,094 discharged patients, active cases in the state stand at 13,013. 1,90,879 people have been tested for the virus so far.
- Roche, Cipla Launch Antibody Cocktail Casirivimab and Imdevimab in India. Check Price, Details
- Woman ‘bought by husband’ for Rs 40,000 tries to sell 5-year-old daughter for Rs 500
- Delhi reported 25 dengue cases till May 22, highest in Jan-May period since 2013
- WILL INDIA BLOCK FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM IN 2 DAYS AS NEW IT RULES COME INTO EFFECT?
- DELHI POLICE VISITS TWITTER INDIA OFFICES IN DELHI, GURUGRAM AMID ‘CONGRESS TOOLKIT CONTROVERSY’
Earlier on Wednesday, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said the government will fulfil all vacant posts in the health department.
From ward boys to nurses, there are 20,000-25,000 vacancies in the state’s health department.
The health minister said that all doctors who have a private practice but have closed the clinics due to the lockdown need to provide their services in government hospitals. These doctors will be given remuneration of Rs 50,000 for 15 days of work.
stay connected with us! For more updates
LIKE SHARE and SUBSCRIBE
if you like the article information then press the like button, Comments you’re opinions about this article and share it with family and friends on social media platforms
SUSCRIBE Quickclarity news to get latest news updates
Disclaimer : This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Quickclarity news.Publisher – DNA
Thank you for reading