No proof from US on claims about coronavirus Covid-19 originating from Chinese lab, says WHO
The ongoing war-of-words between the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US intensified on Monday (May 4) with the WHO claiming that no evidence had been provided by Washington to support “speculative” claims by US President Donald Trump that the coronavirus COVID-19 originated in a lab in Wuhan, China.
“We have not received any data or specific evidence from the United States government relating to the purported origin of the virus, so from our perspective this remains speculative,” WHO emergencies director Michael Ryan told a virtual briefing.
Notably, US President Trump has repearedly maintained that the coronavirus has originated in Chinese city of Wuhan and Beijing has failed to properly handle the outbreak of the highly contagoious disease after it first emerged in Wuhan in December 2019.
On Sunday (May 3), US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had said that there is enormous evidence to suggest that coronavirus originated from the virology laboratory in Wuhan.
“We took a lot of grief for that from the outset. But I think the whole world can see now. Remember, China has a history of infecting the world, and they have a history of running substandard laboratories,” Pompeo added.
Meanwhile, a spy dossier with inputs from the Five Eyes intelligence agencies of the US, Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand, has stated that China’s secrecy surrounding the coronavirus led to an “assault on international transparency”.
The coronavirus by Monday (May 4, 2020) evening infected more than 36 lakh people across the world with over 2.5 lakh dying after contracting the deadly virus. As of 10:30 PM IST on Monday, approximately 36,09,990 people have been tested COVID-19 positive and over 2,50,090 people have lost their lives due to the coronavirus, according to the COVID-19 data provided by Worldometers website.
- Roche, Cipla Launch Antibody Cocktail Casirivimab and Imdevimab in India. Check Price, Details
- Woman ‘bought by husband’ for Rs 40,000 tries to sell 5-year-old daughter for Rs 500
- Delhi reported 25 dengue cases till May 22, highest in Jan-May period since 2013
- WILL INDIA BLOCK FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM IN 2 DAYS AS NEW IT RULES COME INTO EFFECT?
- DELHI POLICE VISITS TWITTER INDIA OFFICES IN DELHI, GURUGRAM AMID ‘CONGRESS TOOLKIT CONTROVERSY’
stay connected with us! For more updates
LIKE SHARE and SUBSCRIBE
if you like the article information then press the like button, Comments you’re opinions about this article and share it with family and friends on social media platforms
SUSCRIBE Quickclarity news to get latest news updates
Disclaimer : This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Quickclarity news.Publisher – Zee news
Thank you for reading