#Karnataka – 5 persons who attacked health workers, test COVID-19 postive in jail
Five people among those arrested for the violence let loose on health workers in Padarayanapura here last week have tested positive in jail and consequently shifted to a hospital, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister Dr C N Ashwath Narayan said on Friday.
A total of 126 people had been arrested in connection with the attack on health workers and police in minority-dominated Padarayanapura on April 19 and all of them were lodged in the district jail in nearby Ramanagara after being remanded to judicial custody by a court.
“We had tested all the inmates. During the screening, five of them were tested positive for COVID-19. All the five have been shifted to the hospital,” Narayan told reporters here. Two of the remand prisoners tested positive late on Thursday and three more on Friday, he said.
Health workers had gone to Padarayanapura for quarantining some people who were the primary and secondary contacts of coronavirus patients from the area when they were thrashed by a violent crowd.
- Chadwick Boseman, Star of Black Panther and Avengers, Dies of Colon Cancer At 43
- Android users alert! These 23 dangerous apps can cost you thousands – Check full list
- Scientists identify 21 existing drugs that block coronavirus in lab studies
- All Face Masks, Gloves to be Cut, Stored For 72 Hours Before Disposal – Pollution Control Board
- Watch “305 Dances to “Confident” by Demi Lovato – World of Dance The Duels 2020″ on YouTube
stay connected with us! For more updates
LIKE SHARE and SUBSCRIBE
if you like the article information then press the like button, Comments you’re opinions about this article and share it with family and friends on social media platforms
SUSCRIBE Quickclarity news to get latest news updates
Thank you for reading
Disclaimer : This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Quickclarity news.Publisher – Deccan herald