Coronavirus lockdown – Thousands gather near Bandra station in Mumbai after rumours of running trains
Latest News in Bandra Station: Coronavirus lockdown A crowd of thousands gathered near Bandra station in Mumbai after a rumour broke out that long-distance trains were running. The crowd gathered at Bandra West
Coronavirus lockdown: A crowd of thousands gathered near Bandra station in Mumbai after a rumour broke out that long-distance trains were running. The crowd gathered at Bandra West. Another rumour of free ration being distributed made matter worse for the police. Majority of the crowd consisted of migrant workers who were keen to return to their villages.
Bandra East MLA Zeeshan Siddiqui told India TV that everyone was appealing people to return and that crowd had dispersed almost completely.
The situation was tense for almost two and a half hours as people sat at Bandra bus depot that is located close to Bandra Railway Station. Mumbai Police had to resort to lathi-charge in order to disperse the crowd.
Bandra West MLA Ashish Shelar told India TV that it was necessary to find out how such a crowd was allowed to gather but added that right now, it was necessary to maintain calm.
Meanwhile, Cabinet minister Aaditya Thackeray blamed the situation on the Centre government alleging that it was not able to take a call on arranging a way back home for migrant labourers
“The current situation at Bandra Station, now dispersed or even the rioting in Surat is a result of the Union government not being able to take a call on arranging a way back home for migrant labour. They don’t want food or shelter, they want to go back home,” he said in a tweet. He also called upon the government to bring in a mutual road map to help migrant labour reach home from one state to another safely and efficiently.
Meanwhile, Navi Mumbai Police has detained a man named Vinay Dube who is believed to be behind the rumour of resumption of railway services.
- Roche, Cipla Launch Antibody Cocktail Casirivimab and Imdevimab in India. Check Price, Details
- Woman ‘bought by husband’ for Rs 40,000 tries to sell 5-year-old daughter for Rs 500
- Delhi reported 25 dengue cases till May 22, highest in Jan-May period since 2013
- WILL INDIA BLOCK FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM IN 2 DAYS AS NEW IT RULES COME INTO EFFECT?
- DELHI POLICE VISITS TWITTER INDIA OFFICES IN DELHI, GURUGRAM AMID ‘CONGRESS TOOLKIT CONTROVERSY’
- Fungal Infection Not Communicable – AIIMS Director Busts Myth Amid Rise of Black, White Fungus
- ‘Is there any allopathic medicine to turn cruel person into kind human?’ Ramdev’s 25 questions for IMA
- Covid19 and Erectile Dysfunction – Is the Pandemic Affecting Indian Men’s Sexual Potency?
(This is an unedited and auto-generated story and may not have modified or edited by Quickclarity news)
stay connected with us! For more updates
LIKE SHARE and SUBSCRIBE
if you like the article information then press the like button, Comments you’re opinions about this article and share it with family and friends on social media platforms
SUSCRIBE Quickclarity news to get latest news updates
Thank you for reading