A man from Kerala unknowingly took a venomous snake on an 11-kilometre-long motorcycle ride in his helmet. He realised the reptile’s presence only when he opened the helmet after the ride.
Ranjith, a Sanskrit teacher by profession, left his home for St. Mary’s High School in Kandanad on the morning of February 5. After finishing classes, he left for another school, which is about five kilometres away from St. Mary’s. When he reached the second school, he discovered a venomous snake Krait inside his helmet. But it was crushed and dead by then.
Throughout his journey, he was completely oblivious to the fact that a deadly serpent was coiled above his head.
Ranjith’s colleagues took him to a nearby hospital, where doctors checked his blood for venom. Fortunately, he was not bitten by the snake.
He said the snake might have come entered his helmet from a pond near his house, adding he didn’t feel its presence while riding his bike.
Incidents of snakes are reported regularly from Kerala. In December 2019, a video of a man rescuing a python from a well in Kerala had gone viral on social media. The rescuer was identified as Shagil, who works with the forest department in Peramangalam, Thrissur. Luckily, both Shagil and the snake weren’t injured.
In October, a 58-year-old man from Kerala was lucky to be alive after a 10-feet python coiled around his neck. There were 55 workers present at the scene, but many hesitated to offer help due to the sheer size of the snake. But when some workers noticed the python tightening its grip around the man’s neck, they rushed to his rescue and managed to pull it off.
stay connected with us! For more updates
LIKE SHARE and SUBSCRIBE
if you like the article information then press the like button, Comments you’re opinions about this article and share it with family and friends on social media platforms
SUSCRIBE Quickclarity news to get latest news update
Thank you for reading.