Odisha: 50 fall ill after eating food from container with dead snake at community feast

Odisha: 50 fall ill after eating food from container with dead snake at community feast

At least 50 people were taken ill after they consumed food at a community feast that had a dead snake in it. The dead snake was found in the container from which the food had been served to the guests.

The incident took place at Deuli village under Pattamundai police limits in Kendrapada District.

As per reports, a Women’s Self Help Group (SHG) had organized the feast in a temple where members of at least 25-30 families, most of whom were women and children, attended the ceremony.

The feast turned fatal after around 50 people, mostly women and children, were shifted to the sub-divisional hospital in Pattamundai for treatment after they felt nauseous and uneasiness.

All of them are out of danger, as per the latest report.

“The patients were treated for suspected food poisoning and administered intravenous fluid. All those admitted in the hospital responded well to the treatment and are being discharged from the hospital in a phased manner,” the doctor said.

(With inputs from PTI)

stay connected with us! For more updates

LIKE SHARE and SUBSCRIBE

if you like the article information then press the like button, Comments you’re opinions about this article and share it with family and friends on social media platforms

SUSCRIBE Quickclarity news to get latest news update

Thank you for reading.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.